Work in progress…
I am now working on DevOps workshop that would show up Chef, Consul, Docker possibilities in DEV and orchestration together with KitchenCI and InSpec testing and auditing.
As a first stage I created my own version for DevOps kung-fu presentation: http://slides.com/petrmichalec/epcim-devops-cult
On the list I now have now many topics I got in touch in last year, some mentioned below I will publish here. The ones I already starter to work on:
- Writing Chef cookboks, including new chef resources introduced in 12.5.
- Percona MySQL deployment with Chef & Consul in place.
- Labs for Chef cookbooks deploying Apps to Node.js / WAS Liberty.
- Great “knife-zero” use-cases for server-less deployment.
- Desktop cross platform (win/lin/osx) configuration cookbook combining chef-zero, pantry cookbook, Policyfiles, BoxStarter, Chocolately
- Chef Policyfiles, Policy repos use-case examples to simplify one-shot deployments. (PoC for avoiding roles/environments in this tech preview)
- Server/InSpec environment audit controls & checks. (ie: integration testing)
I will update this post as more content will get online.